Tuesday 15 July 2014

50 + Interviews and Counting...





Since I graduated from uni in 2011 I have worked out that I have been on over fifty interviews, which is a ridiculous amount in three years considering I had a steady job for a year (got made redundant from this job recently - lovely news it was). In this time I have worked for my family business (the highly entertaining corner shop with our eccentric customers who love to air their dirty laundry), done a stint a well known phone shop and had several unpaid internships from pr to film (paying a train fare to get into London to make tea was a privilege).


All these jobs and work experiences were me figuring out what I wanted to do with my life, I have had so many interviews for recruitment/sales job as there are so many of them jobs available. I have got down to final two on some occasions but you know that saying always the bridesmaid never the bride... that is the perfect example of how that feels. Interviews now are draining as you not only have to first tweak your cv and cover letter for every job you apply to but then have to do a phone interview, followed by an interview with the recruitment agency (including them delightful group interviews), then do the same thing all over again for the job the agency puts you forward for. But it has to be done to get a career and earn some money...


Somehow for me it hasn't worked out maybe its the way I come across? Or me not doing enough research about the company? Or maybe its down to my location? Or the other candidate being more qualified/experienced? There are so many questions that have run through my mind after each rejection but the saying what's meant to happen will happen is very valid and I truly believe my time to find my feet will come, I just have to shrug off the down days, be positive and keep searching and when my time comes it will be right for me.


I have narrowed my options down as well, writing is my overall ambition but that industry is a tough one to break as it is about who you know, not what. Recently I have learnt that in order to succeed I have to be proactive in different ways hence this blog to get my name out there (starting from the bottom and all that). Until I do crack that dream I feel sales would be the right choice for me as I have the experience and personality for it and can potentially earn a lot money (according to job ads anyway). So if your a recruiter out there reading this... call me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment